2020 General Election Endorsements
* = Friendly Incumbent endorsement
+ = Young Dem
U.S. House of Representatives
- 50th: Ammar Campa-Najjar+ (09/24/2019) *** priority candidate.
- 52nd: Congressman Scott Peters* (05/28/2019)
- 53rd: Council President Georgette Gomez (09/24/2019)
California State Senate
California State Assembly
- 71st District: Elizabeth (Liz) Lavertu (12/03/2019)
- 75th District: Kate Schwartz (08/31/2020)
- 76th District: Assemblymember Tasha Boerner-Horvath (10/22/2019)
- 77th District: Assemblymember Brian Maienschein* (12/03/2019)
- 78th District: Councilmember Chris Ward (09/24/2019)
San Diego County Board of Supervisors
City of San Diego
- Mayor: Assemblymember Todd Gloria (08/22/2019)
- City Council District 3: Stephen Whitburn (07/23/2019)
- City Council District 5: Marni von Wilpert (08/27/2019)
- City Council District 7: Raul Campillo+ (07/23/2019) *** priority candidate.
City Council District 9: Sean Elo (10/22/2019)
- Our club endorsed Council President Georgette Gomez back in May as a Friendly Incumbent for re-election to her District 9 seat. Due to her announcement that she would instead be running for CD-53, the club reconsidered the race.
City of Chula Vista
- City Council District 3: Councilmember Steve Padilla (05/28/2019)
- City Council District 4: Andrea Cardenas+ (08/22/2019)
City of Escondido
- City Council District 4: Andres Yañez+ (08/31/20)
City of Imperial Beach
- City Council District 2: Mark West (09/13/20)
City of Oceanside
- City Council, District 4: Morgan McCray+ (09/13/20)
City of San Marcos
- City Council District 4: Neil Kramer (09/13/20)
City of Vista
- City Council District 3: Katie Melendez+ (08/31/20)
San Diego Unified School Board
District A: Sabrina Bazzo (08/31/20)
- District A: Sabrina Bazzo (08/31/20)
Chula Vista Elementary School
- Coronado School Board (at-large): Whitney Antrim (09/13/20)
- Superior Court, Seat 30: Tim Nader (08/31/20)
- California Prop 15 (2020) - Schools and Communities First: Support (09/24/2020).
- California Prop 16 (2020) - Repeal of Prop 209 Banning Affirmative Action: Support (09/24/2020).
- California Prop 18 (2020) / ACA 8 (2019-20) - Lowering the Voting Age to 17: Support (04/23/2019)
- San Diego Measure A - Housing Bond: Support (09/24/2020).
- San Diego Measure B - Establish independent commission on police practices: Support (2019)
- San Diego Measure E - Height Limit Increase, Midway District: Support (09/24/2020).
Endorsements by the San Diego County Young Democrats (SDCYD) shall not be construed as the official endorsement of the California Democratic Party (CDP), the San Diego County Democratic Party (SDCDP), the California Young Democrats (CYD), the Young Democrats of America (YDA), or any other organization.